Virtual Shared Servers
Because the Internet is a global communication tool, and we have clients from nearly every country in the world it is difficult to dictate what is considered "adult material." However, it is not our function to discriminate against those who choose to utilize adult content or adult related material. This being said, there are still several reasons why Premier Website Solutions has been forced to create its no adult sites policy for its virtual and bulk reseller server users, including but not limited to direct customers, resellers and resold accounts.
What does Premier Website Solutions consider "Adult Material"?
- Any site whose revenue is gained in part or whole from its adult content.
- Photos or videos showing frontal nudity on either men or women for non-scientific or non-artistic purposes.
- Hyperlinks to adult sites, including but not limited to sites who violate these policies.
- Sites that have discussion boards and share information that is 'adult' in nature.
- Sites that sell or promote 'adult' material, including but not limited to adult toys.
Premier Website Solutions reserves the right to decide what it considers "adult content", "adult material", "sexually explicit", or "sexually related". Let us know if you are unsure of the approval of your site before placing an order. Please email sales@PremierWebsiteSolutions.com for review of your content and/or site.
Why does Premier Website Solutions have this policy?
Transfer and Resources
A virtual server is a shared environment where many servers reside on each particular machine. This being said, consider that an average "adult site" gets more hits than 100 standard web sites. Some of the smaller adult sites get around 5 GB of transfer per day. With these types of resources being utilized, our servers would be severely slowed if we allowed these high traffic sites to also reside on our servers. On top of that, we would be forced to raise our prices to pay for the additional data transfer. We strive to keep our servers fast and inexpensive; therefore, adult sites are not an option.
Adult sites tend to get blocked. Since many of our shared accounts also share IP addresses and/or the range of IPs are blocked, all other users on that server or network range are impacted.
Many people do not want to be associated with adult content, based on personal opinions and beliefs. IPs are assigned to a server in ranges and IP address are in many cases shared IPs. Consequently, we want our shared servers to be 'adult content' free.
Virtual Private (VPS) and Dedicated servers
Because we can swip the IPs and assign them to the owners of these accounts, we do allow our dedicated and VPS customers to have adult content on their servers. All of our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use policies do apply, including, but not limited to:
- UCE / Spam: Adult sites tend to use UCE/spam as a source of marketing. Before considering using our services for Adult material, please review our spam policy. We have zero tolerance for spam.
- Illegal Content: We do not allow any illegal activities on our network, including, but not limited to the exploitation of minors. (illegal material is reported to proper authorities)